lunedì 7 gennaio 2013

Post number 0

Lately I've been asking myself this question:
how difficult could it be to put a computer on the dash of my car?
Well, I did some research all over the internet and my conclusion is: it must be doable!

What I want:
  • A small touchscreen
  • OBD - II interaction (read fault codes, real time readout display, readout logging)
  • Navigation and gps logging
  • Listening to music (I already have a car stereo and would like to use that)
  • Rearview camera
  • Bluetooth handsfree capability or phone docking station (optional)
How I think I'll achieve it:
  • A raspberry pi as the core
  • A transformer to power it with the 12V battery
  • OBD - II to UART kit
  • Touchscreen lcd (VGA + USB)
  • USB Camera
  • USB GPS (or chip)
  • Audio cables to the stereo aux
  • Bluetooth dongle (or chip)
So well, at least I have clear ideas :)
Still, this looks like a complicated project for me, so here I am, writing a blog to make some official commitment, and to share the difficulties and the results I'll find on my way.

Hope you enjoy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento